help to vaccinate for mareks.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by little1523cacklers, Jan 4, 2012.

1. little1523cacklers

little1523cacklers Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2011
    Marysville, ca
    I do not know if my chickens where ever vaccinated for mareks will it hurt them to vaccinate them if they where already vaccinated and I didn't know.

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Depends how old they are...where did you get the birds from and can you backtrack.ask.and find out?

There's great threads on here about Meeks..did you do a search for it?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  3. little1523cacklers

Mar 26, 2011
    Marysville, ca
    thank you I bought them from a small feed store my girls are almost a year old I was wondering because my daufgters ar in 4h and want to show them at the fair.
    [​IMG]

4. little1523cacklers

Mar 26, 2011
    Marysville, ca
    Quote:OK you want to show the meat birds? Find out where the feed store got the chicks ..then call the hatchery to see if they vaccinate meat birds. I'm sorry I could be totally worng but I seriously don't think the hatcheries vaccinate for feedstore chicks-especially meaties...

I don't have meat birds I have ee's. we are going to show them as egg layers.

5. leadwolf1

leadwolf1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    My feed store has all chicks vaccinated for Marek's. Call the store and find out. However, as far as I am aware from extensive research, the Marek's vaccine will not hurt them if you revaccinate. However, it is usually only given to day old chicks due to the prevalance of Marek's in the air and soil. My feeling? It can't hurt [​IMG]

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:OK you want to show the meat birds? Find out where the feed store got the chicks ..then call the hatchery to see if they vaccinate meat birds. I'm sorry I could be totally worng but I seriously don't think the hatcheries vaccinate for feedstore chicks-especially meaties...

I don't have meat birds I have ee's. we are going to show them as egg layers.

Oh I'm sorry. Was answering a few posts about meat birds and must have been thinking of them when I was posting here. I would still find out who your feed store bought them from and ask the hatchery

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by