HELP........too many eggs

Quote:
This is a great idea. My brother has designed/created a different egg ornament for my mom for the last six years. She has an amazing, original, sentimental collection! One of my favorites was the one he covered with just the "eye" section of many peackock feathers (we have peacocks and they molted). He trimmed them and glued them on, it's absolutely beautiful.

And since I know things are going to be tighter this year around holiday time, I'm planning on making some myself!

-Christian

hi, wish I had that problem of too many eggs. My golden comet have not started yet but the wyndotts are some. they have smaller eggs than I wanted. I sell mime sometimes to the local feed store.
big_smile.png

How about selling or trading them to a local diner for free breakfast. Fresh local omelets and egg sandwiches should be a hit. Otherwise you can seperate them and freeze the whites seperate from the yolks and start baking cookies!!!
Lucky you. We are still waiting for our first egg!!!

why don't you start your Christmas baking and put it in the freezer. Angelfood cake takes 10 eggs. lol. I love the ornament idea and am going to do that with my kids this Christmas! Feathers on eggs. how cool!

Our local feed store buys them from individuals and then sells them. I have 18 chickens 2 roosters and they have told us when we get a bunch that they will buy them. I make breakfast everyday and will run out of eggs fast. Good luck hopefully you will find good homes for the eggs. lol.

I would try the feed stores too. There are certain laws about selling to Diner's, but normally you can see farm fresh eggs to feed stores as long as they say "ungraded, unsized" on them and you have blacked out any other seller information on the reused carton. You also have to put a "packaged date" on the carton, which for us, is the day laid.

Signs at the end of the driveway work well, or if you work out of the home, the community boards also work well for posting. I take advantage of my husband's work board as well.

See if any area food banks will take a donation. Or bake quiche, egg custard pies, and bread and rice puddings take a lot of eggs. See if a local church will take any for a fellowship meal...you could donate eggs for a sunday brunch.....Good luck

Back
Top Bottom