HELP........too many eggs

maybe you could feed some to your lab
lol.png

Last edited:
I've checked into the regulations here in Ohio for selling eggs so maybe this will help. You can sell eggs on your property with no inspection/license/certification needed. If you sell eggs off your property, then you need to be certified. In order to be certified, the inspector needs to check to see that eggs are refrigerated promptly and kept at 45 degrees or less, and the egg cartons cannot have any markings that aren't yours (copyright thing, I imagine). They said you can even take a permanent marker and mark off all the other vendor's printing. And that's it so a sign in your front yard could be perfectly legal where you live.

We do break the rules and sell eggs at work and to family/friends, but I am gearing up to become certified so I can sell to diners, etc.

Quote:
How long will eggs last in the fridge?

i didnt see where this question was answered. I think at least a month, anyone know for sure?

If you hard boil them, I wait 2-3 days at least and add a couple tablespoons of salt to the water, works like a charm. I know you said the extension agent said you cant sell them but did you check with your states dept of agriculture? most states allow it if you state they are unsized, the date laid and kept cool and you make less than X dollars from their sale per year.

Back
Top Bottom