HELP trying to replace son's flock. Looking to buy chicks near CT.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by nkdk1977, Aug 18, 2007.

1. nkdk1977

nkdk1977 New Egg

Aug 18, 2007
    Danbury, CT
    I have a 15 year old son who just lost his chicks and is very heart broken [​IMG] . My Husband and son spent the weekend building a coop that even the craftiest Racoon will never be able to get into. We are looking for any Cochins. Wyandottes, Silkies ,Brahmas ,or Barred Rocks. that someone is willing to part with. If anyone has any birds available (even 2) we are willing to pay a more than fair price and are willing to travel 2 hrs from Danbury Connecticut. Any help PLEASE

2. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    How did he lose his birds?

3. nkdk1977

nkdk1977 New Egg

Aug 18, 2007
    Danbury, CT
    We lost the birds do to a very determined racoon that no longer lives in this neighborhood.

4. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    I am really sorry, its good to see a 15 year old boy attatched to chickens [​IMG] i only have 3 and live in oregon so i dont think i would be much help. good luck!

5. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    There are alot of chicken people in CT. I hope a few of them on here see your post. In the meantime have you tried putting an ad in your local feedstore? Or www.craigslist.org
    I am sure something will come through so your son can fill his coop. Good Luck.

6. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    I just sent you an email. [​IMG]

7. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    I am in CT and I have pullets I would rehome. Email me if your interested. I have a brahma mix and an Andalusion I would place, they are 5 and 8 weeks old. They have been outside for over a month now.

I am right near Middletown.

8. thechickenfarmer

thechickenfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    Hi, I'm sorry about the loss of your son's chickens. I don't have any girls to offer but I'm giving away 2 brown leghorn cockerels that are about 3 months old if you're interested. I live 45 minutes from Danbury. If it's girls your after sometimes you can make good connections at the Bethlehem fair. Sometimes people who exhibit there have chickens for sale. It's September 7th, 8th, and 9th. Here's the link:

http://www.bethlehemfair.com/

Good luck and contact me if you're interested in the leghorns. Jen

9. Lisabee

Lisabee New Egg

Aug 21, 2007
    So sorry about your loss!
    I have 3 bantum roos (just started crowing) you can have one for free...no one usually wants more than one!
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by