Help! TSC waterer spills over

The one I have is the one in the picture...the TSC one, 3 gallons. I'll figure the thing out, but I just want to make sure they always have water, and it is frustrating to gave something that does not work, I'll probably return it and get something else, perhaps an automatic one? We'll see

mine is the 5 gal galvanized one and the directions say to fill it all the way up and it seals, but I think the key is to keep it level. And its tricky to get it level. Some one could make a lot of money inventing a different and better waterer.
big_smile.png

Quote:
My run is on a slope! The metal ones just drip, drip, drip. I just bought one of these 3 gallon ones and it didn't have a cap on the bottom! Back to TSC I go! Does using vaseline on the threads of the lid help with leakage?

I've had to use plant saucers turned upside down and dug into the ground to help level the waterers to stop the dripping. It helps a little.

We use the carboy style waterers for the dogs. I'm thinking of getting one of those for my birds. I'll probably have to dump the basin more often when they get it dirty but at least these waterers don't over run!

Colby in KY

My run is also on a slope (a pretty good one). I use the metal waterers in the big runs and the small plastic (1 gal with tabs) in the small run. I hang the plastic waterer, no worries about being level then. The metal waterers I have to prop up on a block on one end to make them level or all the water runs out. It works pretty well to prop up the one end, I just have to be careful to make sure it is still level after I clean it out!

Find a way to make it level.
Don't over-tighten the lid.
Run vaseline around the threads of the basin and the inside of the lid.

Back
Top Bottom