Help! Tumor filled with liquid!!!

Egg Yolk

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 25, 2013
Dayton, NV
I have a 2 day old chick that I hatched. It took about three days to hatch (we helped it) and it was sticky when it came out and its butt is stuck with egg yolk. I have been giving it warm baths attempting to get the egg yolk off. It still hasn't come off. I then discovered it has a tumor or cyst on its neck thats filled with liquid. I have NO IDEA what to do and I am afraid to pop it. The chick is a little fighter and I can tell it wants to survive, it has that gleam in its little eyes. It drinks water by its self and eats a little bit but is still very sick. Please Help!

Last edited:
I have a 2 day old chick that I hatched. It took about three days to hatch (we helped it) and it was sticky when it came out and its butt is stuck with egg yolk. I have been giving it warm baths attempting to get the egg yolk off. It still hasn't come off. I then discovered it has a tumor or cyst on its neck thats filled with liquid. I have NO IDEA what to do and I am afraid to pop it. The chick is a little fighter and I can tell it wants to survive, it has that gleam in its little eyes. It drinks water by its self and eats a little bit but is still very sick. Please Help!
Pictures please. If the egg sack [yolk] hasn't been absorbed, put the chick by itself and let it dry. It hatched too soon. As for the cyst on it's neck, again leave it alone.

I can't see what you can, don't know if I would be any help or not. That is why I am asking for pictures, I or anyone else who comes, needs to see.

Yes they can hatch late and be just fine but this ones egg was very open for a few days without any progress..

GREAT to say! My little chick is doing great! She/He is no longer plugged up in the butt and the tumor is going down!
D.gif

GREAT to say! My little chick is doing great! She/He is no longer plugged up in the butt and the tumor is going down!
D.gif
that is wonderful news!!!!!! I've had a couple with some issues and about all you can do is leave them and let nature decide. Most times it works and I'm so very glad to hear this happened for you! thank-you so much for posting again.

Back
Top Bottom