Help! Turkey being treated with vitamin B deficiency

sarbear2116

Hatching
Jan 18, 2021
Hello,
My 6yo tom Turkey stopped roosting and walking about 3 weeks ago. I immediately took to the internet to find answers. I self diagnosed him with a vitamin B deficiency and started treatment right away. I've been giving him 3cc of Rooster Booster Liquid B-12 Daily. He can now walk and use it right foot as before his toes were curled and no control. However, he still won't roost and still not moving around much. But he can!.. is this long lasting effects, still just healing or do you think he's got somthing else going on? TYIA
No one else in flock is bothered. He has no other symptoms, and at this point he seems healthy just not moving much.

R2elk

Magical, perfect creature
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Feb 24, 2013
Natrona County, Wyoming
My Coop
My Coop
Hello,
My 6yo tom Turkey stopped roosting and walking about 3 weeks ago. I immediately took to the internet to find answers. I self diagnosed him with a vitamin B deficiency and started treatment right away. I've been giving him 3cc of Rooster Booster Liquid B-12 Daily. He can now walk and use it right foot as before his toes were curled and no control. However, he still won't roost and still not moving around much. But he can!.. is this long lasting effects, still just healing or do you think he's got something else going on? TYIA
No one else in flock is bothered. He has no other symptoms, and at this point he seems healthy just not moving much.
If it is a vitamin B deficiency, it needs more than B12. Give it vitamin B complex which contains all the necessary B vitamins including niacin and thiamine. Make it up at the rate of 1/2 pill dissolved in one gallon of water. Make it the only source of water. It should be made fresh daily.

Top Bottom