Help Turkey Experts!

Update, our new turkey has made his self at home...he is the funniest bird, so curious about us humans and what we're doing all the time. We named him Gobbles. The chickens really just act like he's not there!

Oh, you're in trouble now. Turkeys are like potato chips, nobody can have just one. You gotta get that baby boy a girlfriend at least. It's coming up breeding season so if you get him an adult girlie you'll have turkey eggs in a few months.

I know, he is gonna need a lady bird! I really want to pin down what he is exactly so I can get the same breed. Hubby and his hunting buddies swear he's a wild jake that's been tamed, I'm not convinced. His feathers are too light, I think.

Yep, I started with 1 baby girl, now I'm up to 11. I'm going to hatch more in the spring!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
jumpy.gif

No not wild, here's my wilds

IMG_0897.jpg

By the way, yall sure he's a narragansett? sure look mighty dark to me, maybe a cross of bronze to narragansett, but doesnt look pure to be, but the pic if not real clear either, that or my old eyes are going... LOL

I guess his wings are kind of light, just hard to say for sure, congrats on a new found friend too, Odd to have a jake that calm, hens yep, but my jake will eat from your hand, but they beat you to deathif you try to pick them up, you got a true prize there with that!!!

Quote:
Thanks for the pics, I'll show DH when he gets home. I need to get a clearer pic of him tomorrow, and put it up. Those were taken with DH's cell phone which is always covered with drywall dust, makes for a fuzzy pic!

Do you think he is a jake, for sure? How do you tell?

Yes, we watch southpark, hubby and friends go around yelling "GOBBLES!" like Timmy LOL! And Gobbles looks at us like, what's wrong with these people?

WATTLELUPE!!!
lau.gif
Yes!!

Quote:
Now you know why we all love our turkeys so much! They are great and super-friendly. Love his new name. I'll bet he's a cross breed and that's why you're having trouble figuring out his breed. I bet he loves having a new mama too!

OH I LOVE IT!!
As for sex yep pretty sure he's a boy, it the feather coloring I look at. See my males verses my females, hens are much lighter in these color of birds, bronze or wilds will have the buff lacing to their breast feathers, also look to have a nice snood,( the worm looking thing on his head for a lack of better discription).
Get us up a good pic of him and we can tell a little more about him

See ya
Aubrey

Back
Top Bottom