Help! Turkey pale and lethargic

PoultryMadUK

In the Brooder
Jun 29, 2019
Hi guys,

I'm new to backyard chickens so I hope anyone can help me out!

I have 3 Norfolk black Turkey poult, approx 2 months old. I've noticed over the last week that they have been sneezing, with some yellow discharge coming out of their noses.

However, yesterday when I went to see them, one Turkey had lost the colour to its face, appearing more yellow/pale in colour. Its caruncles were also very shrunken and pale. It's been looking very sorry for itself, although it is still drinking and eating. It's also eating more grit than usual. It has diarrhoea, but it's rather yellow in places. It still plays with the other turkeys a bit, but falls asleep often. Sometimes throughout the day the colour comes back to its head, but still doesn't seem right.

I've googled the symptoms but nothing really definitive has come up.

These turkeys are my pets so i don't want anything happening to them!

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

*I'm not sure if it's a boy or a girl, hence I've referred to the Turkey as 'it'.
20190629_102445.jpg
20190629_102445.jpg
20190629_102502.jpg
20190629_102454.jpg
20190629_102434.jpg
20190629_102415.jpg
20190629_102906.jpg

Hi guys,

I'm new to backyard chickens so I hope anyone can help me out!

I have 3 Norfolk black Turkey poult, approx 2 months old. I've noticed over the last week that they have been sneezing, with some yellow discharge coming out of their noses.

However, yesterday when I went to see them, one Turkey had lost the colour to its face, appearing more yellow/pale in colour. Its caruncles were also very shrunken and pale. It's been looking very sorry for itself, although it is still drinking and eating. It's also eating more grit than usual. It has diarrhoea, but it's rather yellow in places. It still plays with the other turkeys a bit, but falls asleep often. Sometimes throughout the day the colour comes back to its head, but still doesn't seem right.

I've googled the symptoms but nothing really definitive has come up.

These turkeys are my pets so i don't want anything happening to them!

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

*I'm not sure if it's a boy or a girl, hence I've referred to the Turkey as 'it'.
View attachment 1829172 View attachment 1829172 View attachment 1829173 View attachment 1829174 View attachment 1829175 View attachment 1829176 View attachment 1829177
It appears that you have a hen.

Perhaps @casportpony can give you advice for treatment.

Welcome to BYC! Given your username, I'm guessing you live in the UK? Do you have access to antibiotics or a veterinarian?

Welcome to BYC! Given your username, I'm guessing you live in the UK? Do you have access to antibiotics or a veterinarian?
Hi,

You guessed right!

The vets want to see all poultry, and they are asking for about £50 or $63, just to see one bird, it's too expensive for one Turkey if they want to see all of our birds.

As for antibiotics it depends on what we would need.

Hi,

You guessed right!

The vets want to see all poultry, and they are asking for about £50 or $63, just to see one bird, it's too expensive for one Turkey if they want to see all of our birds.

As for antibiotics it depends on what we would need.
Also I dont suppose you have any idea what's wrong with her?

Back
Top Bottom