Help turkey poult acting sick

NewLivestockMama

In the Brooder
May 21, 2022
Lethargic 9week old (leaning toward male) poult, he is walking extremely slow..head down..making an unknown noise-never heard almost like he can’t see

They look normal, just not as frequent but he hasn’t eaten or drank anything since I gave him the cold water an hour or so ago after being outside in this heat he’s not acclimated to.

Do you have any other birds around? I put 4, 8 to 10 week old poults in a grow out pen and they got coccidia. Everything about them looked fine poop and all then they all dropped dead within a day of each other.

Ok so huge problem now!!! Turkeys ok from what it looks like acting what you would call “normal” I suppose! But, here we are 2days later and my head hen died 2days ago and another today! No attack in site just dropped

Do you have any other birds around? I put 4, 8 to 10 week old poults in a grow out pen and they got coccidia. Everything about them looked fine poop and all then they all dropped dead within a day of each other.
I do, I have now 12 chickens 6 of which are chicks (7wks) and 10 ducks 1drake 2 ducks and 7 ducklings (2wks)

I also have 2 mini Pygmy goats (8wks) and 2 reg goats so I’m very concerned! Culling the whole flock is NOT an option. As I stated in the foremost paragraph that I take sick or well birds at this time to give them all a fair shot to thrive. We only eat the eggs no raising our pets for slaughter. ****absolutely no offense to those who do, I just can’t!

Back
Top Bottom