Help understanding podcasts

Andi

Songster
10 Years
Jul 6, 2009
West Central Minnesota
I'm hoping someone can help me understand podcasts, or at least I think that's what its called.

There are some radio programs that I enjoy listening to but I'm not always available to listen when they are broadcast. Many of them are available to listen to online, but my internet connection is weak and often not available, let alone rarely strong enough to transfer data for an hour long program.

First off, is podcast the correct term?

I recently got a smartphone (Motorola Atrix 2) and it has the capability to listen to podcasts, I guess. If I subscribe to podcasts, does it download automatically or do I choose which ones to download and when they are downloaded? I'm concerned that if they download automatically when I have my phone at home (where the reception is poor) that it won't completely download or be botched. If its downloaded, am I able to listen to it at a later time even if I don't have internet reception? Should I get additional memory for my phone to do this? Do they go to my email or how does that work?

I was thinking of getting an ipod but my phone died and I figured I'd solve both issues at the same time. Otherwise, this phone is intimidating.

If someone has a link to an easy to understand site that explains all of this, that would be great, and save time for you. Its just that every time I've looked up what all of this is that the lingo is over my head.

Thanks.

I don't have any experience with podcasts, but if it's a download to your phone, you should be able to listen to it any time. I would go to the website for whatever radio show you're interested in, and see what info they have available. I'll be interested to see what others have to say on the subject, too.

Back
Top Bottom