Help! Unsure of breed or gender!

Hi again all, so I think I have the rest figured out for the most part but have no clue what breed this is. Any thoughts? Sorry for all the questions right off the bat.

Attachments

• 2020-04-01 06.55.50.jpg
    2020-04-01 06.55.50.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 8
it's a dark brahma. A birchen female would have all black body and silver hackles. A birchen male the same but silver saddle feathers. As chicks a birchen cochin is almost all black with a white chin/neck. A dark brahma would look like a grey chipmunk chick. The buff brahma if it starts getting orange feathers it's a male. It looks like it might have a few but I can't tell for sure.

it's a dark brahma. A birchen female would have all black body and silver hackles. A birchen male the same but silver saddle feathers. As chicks a birchen cochin is almost all black with a white chin/neck. A dark brahma would look like a grey chipmunk chick. The buff brahma if it starts getting orange feathers it's a male. It looks like it might have a few but I can't tell for sure.

Yes!! Thank you!!! That’s it! Just looked up images of Dark Brahma chickens!! Beautiful birds! So excited to see her when she’s all grown up! 😍

Back
Top Bottom