help, unwell chick

HannahDolding

Songster
May 1, 2020
Fleet Hampshire, England
My friend just hatched an unwell chick, this is how he described it, has anyone seen this before or has any advice.
"I think one of the chicks is unwell, it’s spending all of its time under the heat lamp and isn’t running around all over the place like the others, and we have to give it food and water ourselves. he also doesn't walk, just kinda shuffles "

It seems to be limping on its right side, there is nothing visibly wrong with it.
The happened with a chick from his last brood and it died.
Screenshot_20210405_124102_com.instagram.android.jpg

My friend just hatched an unwell chick, this is how he described it, has anyone seen this before or has any advice.
"I think one of the chicks is unwell, it’s spending all of its time under the heat lamp and isn’t running around all over the place like the others, and we have to give it food and water ourselves. he also doesn't walk, just kinda shuffles "

It seems to be limping on its right side, there is nothing visibly wrong with it.
The happened with a chick from his last brood and it died. View attachment 2600133
My only idea is that it could have splayed leg(straddle) in only one leg, if that makes sense? I had a chick with splayed legs once and they don't really look similar though

Back
Top Bottom