HELP! URGENT! PURE BLOOD IN DROPPINGS!

ahanoski

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2015
Corpus Christi, TX
Hi,
I'm very new to chicken keeping. I have 7 chicks ranging from 2 weeks to about 6 weeks (barred rock, bantam cochin, 3 silkies, cuckoo maran, and americana). About 4 days ago I noticed 1 or 2 droppings with a slight tinge of blood in it, I read a bunch of posts and decided to start the chicks on Chorid powder in their water. This morning I went out and saw pure red, dark blood. I've checked all the chicks thoroughly and don't see any evidence of blood. I had my husband hold a flashlight while I wiped all their vents with a baby wipe and didn't see any evidence of blood. They all seem healthy and alert. I keep their pen clean and change out the bedding every other day. Today is day 5 of Chorid. I gave them yogurt this morning. What do I do now?!?! I'm desperate for help!

ahanoski

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2015
Corpus Christi, TX

This is what I found this morning.

ahanoski

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2015
Corpus Christi, TX
Akrnaf2 are you saying to double the dose to 1/2 tsp per liter per day or give them what I'm giving currently 2 times per day? They do not go through a whole liter a day. Do you know if I should mix a new batch every day? Thank you for your help.

Eggcessive

Addict
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Apr 3, 2011
southern Ohio
With Corid, you will want to mix a new batch each day. The powder dosage is 1.5 tsp per gallon, which is a little over 1/3 tsp per liter. Liquid Coricd dosage is 2 tsp per gallon, or 1/4 per liter.

Akrnaf2

The educated Rhino
6 Years
Jul 5, 2014
Center of Israel
Akrnaf2 are you saying to double the dose to 1/2 tsp per liter per day or give them what I'm giving currently 2 times per day? They do not go through a whole liter a day. Do you know if I should mix a new batch every day? Thank you for your help.

No,No! X2 meens that I have agreed with ahanoski post!

ahanoski

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2015
Corpus Christi, TX
Just an update, I upped the dose to about 1/3 tsp of Chorid per liter per day (according to a bunch of older posts) and I have no seen any bloody droppings so hears hoping it's working!

Top Bottom