Help us figure out this chicky!

makakona

Chirping
13 Years
Apr 28, 2010
We got this chicky from a mixed batch our local TSC was trying to get rid of (a penny each 😢). She's at least 10 weeks old, probably a bit older. She's being held by my 13yo daughter, to give some size perspective. She's TINY compared to her mates who are the same age. We had a heat wave when she was still little and she definitely suffered from heatstroke, but was nursed back to health by my daughter. Could this be what's impacting her growth? Or is she a breed that's just tiny? Any guesses on breed?!?!

Attachments

• tempImageyTg8sH.png
    tempImageyTg8sH.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 9
We got this chicky from a mixed batch our local TSC was trying to get rid of (a penny each 😢). She's at least 10 weeks old, probably a bit older. She's being held by my 13yo daughter, to give some size perspective. She's TINY compared to her mates who are the same age. We had a heat wave when she was still little and she definitely suffered from heatstroke, but was nursed back to health by my daughter. Could this be what's impacting her growth? Or is she a breed that's just tiny? Any guesses on breed?!?!
Pictures?

She's a Silver Duckwing Old English Game Bantam.
Thank you so much! We don't typically dabble in bantams and when we do, they're the more common ones. How fun! This girl is such a sweetheart and blends in so well with our big chickies. She's just part of the gang! Thanks for helping us identify her. We Googled pictures and even our littles kids said, "Yep! That's Angel!" :)

Thank you so much! We don't typically dabble in bantams and when we do, they're the more common ones. How fun! This girl is such a sweetheart and blends in so well with our big chickies. She's just part of the gang! Thanks for helping us identify her. We Googled pictures and even our littles kids said, "Yep! That's Angel!" :)
You're welcome.

Back
Top Bottom