Help -- V-Day presents!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by farmergal, Feb 13, 2009.

1. farmergal

farmergal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Valentine's day is tomorrow and I still haven't gotten anything for my fiancee. (I know, I'm a bad girl!) I don't have much money and he hates if I spend money on him anyway... so does anyone have any ideas for sweet gifts or gestures for Valentine's Day? He's a farmer so he's pretty practical, doesn't like anything too frivolous.

(Also feel free to share your own favorite V-Day gifts that you've given or received over the years...)

Happy Valentines Day everyone.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We are pretty broke too, so I just got him a card and bad of Kisses. He loves plain milk chocolate, so I know he will like it.

3. farmergal

Jul 21, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Chocolate is a good one... and some friends of ours gave us some of their homemade wine, which could be nice with the chocolate...

And of course then he'll probably share some of the chocolate with me too [​IMG]

4. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Our gift to eachother is 50lbs of beef ha ha.... we don't celebrate the day but jokingly since we're getting our first grass fed beef tomorrow it seems appropriate to say it's for valentines day hahha.... our gift will last a few months so that's nice [​IMG]

5. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Candle lit dinner of STEAK baked potatoes and green beans and big ole rolls with lots a butter! That gets a man right in the heart every time. [​IMG]

6. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    I always enjoy getting home made cards from my wife. It means much more than a store bought one does to me.

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I forgot to add that I made some coupons for him too.

8. farmergal

Jul 21, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Home cooked dinner is a good idea... and I'm going to try for a homemade card, maybe with a romantic little poem or something...

At Christmas I gave him a coupon for a year's worth of scalp massages, because he loves having his head scratched. I'm wondering what other coupons I could give him... any ideas? I love coupons, because it's sweet and free, but I'm kinda brain dead as to what to give him. (I've got a cold right now and I swear it hasn't just blocked up my sinuses it blocked up my brain too!!)

9. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    The coupons are great too. They can be for anything that he likes and enjoys.

10. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:I've done that but he over does the coupons, his favorite is a very light shoulder massage cuz he's a big baby and cant deal with the deep muscle massages [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by