HELP! Very sick chicken :( !!!

chickenman786

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 10, 2013
Hi my 11 month old hen has been acting very strange. Yesterday she was puffed up out in the run with her wings sligthly opened. She wouldnt eat or drink and didnt make much noise either. She didnt lay an egg too. I decided to feed her by opening her beak eachtime & giving her water through a syringe.

Today morning i realised that she laid an egg white and egg york in her nesting box and then passed out the soft egg shell separately.

She is feeling a bit better now but is still not eating! What could this be would really appreciate if someone could explain what illness shes got and how to treat it using home remedies and not medicine

She might benefit from being allowed ot rest by herself, perhaps in your spare bathroom where she will be warm and not bothered by the others. A darkened place might help as well. I would give her some calcium: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/856735/egg-bound-chicken/0_20#post_12864399 Hopefully she will start eating and drinking on her own when she has calmed down and feels a bit better.

Back
Top Bottom