HELP! VERY WOUNDED CHICKEN‼‼

Oh no!! Looks like a weasel attack! Weasels usually rip up the vent area (butt) of the chicken (yes I know it's gross) just for fun.
It looks like your hen may not make it.. :hitYou may want to put her out of her misery as soon as possible. An easy, quick, and humane way is to decapitate it. Use an axe or hatchet, just make sure it is sharp. Bring her to a quiet spot and calm her down to do it.
Good luck!!🤞
It looks more like chicken cannibalism to me.

Cooingdove, for future reference when you are getting mixed advise take a look at their post numbers and very hard earned educator badges. They have those for a reason. Not saying newbies dont know what their talking about because you got good advise there too . Its just a guide line . When I am confused about mixed messages thats what I do.
Good luck w/ your hen.

ok a little report! I'm happy to say that she has officially not been bleeding for 3 hours at least, and she drank (on her own accord) some pair juice (for calories) and some milk (our chickens love it). yay! after I came back from the chores, I gave her a little more milk.
Yay! Hopefully she will be happy and healthy soon!

ok a little report! I'm happy to say that she has officially not been bleeding for 3 hours at least, and she drank (on her own accord) some pair juice (for calories) and some milk (our chickens love it). yay! after I came back from the chores, I gave her a little more milk.
Any new pics?
I'd get her eating her regular feed(which is what BTW?)
...and plain water.

Back
Top Bottom