Help we have a hurt chicken

ManchaFam5

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 3, 2012
Our hen was attacked and the one side of her face is bloody and her eye is closed. She won't open either of her eyes or her mouth. The rest of her body seems fine except for one side of her head. She has made it thru two nights and we've tried cleaning away the dried blood but its been difficult. She can move around but wobbly and won't open her eyes. She's in our home keeping warm. She even laid and egg last night. She hasn't ate or drank that we know of. We want to help her get better but also want to make sure she isn't suffering. Not sure what else to do.

Gosh thats terrible !, You are doing all you can, keep it clean you can put neosporin on . try give her water with droppers. you can give her half crushed up aspirin for pain. she will not eat, but give her something they like, I gave mine cantateloupe. Hopefully she will recover soon.

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
I agree with 1muttsfan. Best of luck with your hen!

Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad to have you aboard. Sorry to hear about your hen. Try to keep the fluids in her. Some electrolytes in the water might help also. Good luck. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom