Help, what breed is this?! Bantam Lavender(?) ____?

sarahup

In the Brooder
Feb 27, 2020
I usually don't get chicks at Tractor Supply and have NEVER gotten assorted/unknown breeds but saw these adorable chicks in the "Bantam Assortment" brooder today and they appeared Lavender to me! Which I love. I was thinking they must be Bantam Lavender Orpingtons and bought 5, and a standard size Light Brahma, also pictured for size comparison. Now that they're home I compared to a pic of my own Lavender Orpington (standard size) when she was a day old. She looked a lot different. She had the same buff fuzz mixed with lavender fuzz, but she actually had MORE buff, and it was her whole underside, not the head like these chicks. Anyone know what these could be? Hoping they're at least Lavender/Self Blue SOMETHING, and not just gray or going to feather out a different color completely :)
IMG_8604.jpeg
IMG_8543.jpeg
IMG_8547.jpeg
IMG_8581.jpeg

I usually don't get chicks at Tractor Supply and have NEVER gotten assorted/unknown breeds but saw these adorable chicks in the "Bantam Assortment" brooder today and they appeared Lavender to me! Which I love. I was thinking they must be Bantam Lavender Orpingtons and bought 5, and a standard size Light Brahma, also pictured for size comparison. Now that they're home I compared to a pic of my own Lavender Orpington (standard size) when she was a day old. She looked a lot different. She had the same buff fuzz mixed with lavender fuzz, but she actually had MORE buff, and it was her whole underside, not the head like these chicks. Anyone know what these could be? Hoping they're at least Lavender/Self Blue SOMETHING, and not just gray or going to feather out a different color completely :)
View attachment 2062371View attachment 2062397View attachment 2062398View attachment 2062378
. They’re so cute! They look like Easter Eggers to me with their puffy chubby little cheeks!

Back
Top Bottom