Help what can I do with my guinea?

ChickenzRCul

Chirping
Jul 31, 2018
hey guys my father is planning to get rid of our guinea fowl. I really don’t like the idea of that, we have both bonded. The main reason he wants her gone is the noise. But I have read if me and the guinea were closer the noise would go down. Is that true? And would it be the same if I wasn’t there for 8 hours during the day? And if bonding with her is an option how would I go about doing that? We do have a basic bond, I can pick her up and pet her and feed her out of my hand, but what else can I do so she’ll always come to me when she sees me or heard me? Thanks for any input you guys have.

hey guys my father is planning to get rid of our guinea fowl. I really don’t like the idea of that, we have both bonded. The main reason he wants her gone is the noise. But I have read if me and the guinea were closer the noise would go down. Is that true? And would it be the same if I wasn’t there for 8 hours during the day? And if bonding with her is an option how would I go about doing that? We do have a basic bond, I can pick her up and pet her and feed her out of my hand, but what else can I do so she’ll always come to me when she sees me or heard me? Thanks for any input you guys have.
It is not fair to the guinea to keep a lone guinea. Find her a home with a flock of guineas.

It is not fair to the guinea to keep a lone guinea. Find her a home with a flock of guineas.
No that’s not it she is not alone she has 5 other house mates granted they are chickens they were all raised together from young

No that’s not it she is not alone she has 5 other house mates granted they are chickens they were all raised together from young
Chickens do not meet the requirements that a lone guinea hen needs. They are a flock bird and only other guineas can fully satisfy their requirements. I never recommend having a flock of fewer than ten guineas with nearly equal numbers of both sexes. A lone guinea hen will "buckwheat" almost constantly during waking hours as she calls for a mate. Chickens and guineas do not have the same behaviors and chickens cannot understand guinea behaviors.

Back
Top Bottom