Help! What could be wrong??

tnelly13

In the Brooder
Jun 15, 2015
I am about to go out of town tomorrow and have a sick pullet and have no idea what to do with her. She has been lethargic and not eating/drinking for the last 4 days. I have gotten a little down her by syringe. I have added corid to water and also wormed her 3 days ago...still no improvement. she does keep scratching her beak on the ground as well as scratching her face with her feet however I don't see any bugs on her. Any ideas what it could be? I won't be able to get to a vet today as I work until 6 and have to head to the airport tomorrow morning. I don't know what to do :(

Hoe old is she? Can you feel inside her vent an inch or so for a stuck egg? When you feel of her breast bone does she feel at all like she has lost weight? It can really be hard to diagnose those symptoms, since it can be many different things. It's unfortunate that you can't be at home to try to help her. Do you have a family member or friend that could look after her in a cage inside the house to keep her warm? What do her droppings look like? Will she eat some chopped egg or tuna?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom