HELP:/ what do i do day 2 of chirpin NATURAL HEN NO INCUBATOR..

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickgirl8313, Aug 26, 2011.

1. chickgirl8313

chickgirl8313 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2010
    I have been reading post after post but im not using an incubator.... my chick went broody.. well they eggs got mixed up with a fake sitter etc well i candled the eggs live ones got moved to the garage alone , now i heard alot of chirps day before last and hear one this morning but have not seen any chicks.. should i remove the mother and check , or leave it alone .. she is a first time mother does she know what to do .. can i help or am i going to just loose the clutch... im so upset because i dont know what to do she is sitting and i catch her half standing at times and she just seems sad like help .. should i recandle and find the chirpers and remove the rest .. gheesh im so lost [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] also i do have eggs of different times under her ,, i was scared to take them all cause the 2 i did remove i wasnt sure about were live ...so i have some at 24 days some at 17 some at like 10 .. i know i tht let nature do it well we had stealing nest issue and im so confused i would like to save at least one chick:{

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  2. Judy

Judy Chicken Obsessed Staff Member Premium Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    They chirp inside the shell before they hatch. Probably best to let nature take its course.

3. chickgirl8313

Aug 30, 2010
    I am but im scared because they have been chirping for 2 days now [​IMG] Thank you for response [​IMG]

4. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    My 2 chirpped for a few days before they hatched.
    Nothing you can do now.. Just wait it out and see.

5. chickgirl8313

Aug 30, 2010
    Yeah I was wondering because everyone said within 24 hours .. so i feel better .Thanks [​IMG] .....Hopefully ill be posting pics later of babies [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by