HELP...what do you do when a chick is dying?

i just moved her to a 'shoe box' seperate from the others...thinking she will not get picked on. the other did leave her alone for the most part.

thanks again for all your help. will update later tonight or in the morning.

Just keep poking fluids at her as often as you can manage. Water, pedialyte, yogurt -- whatever she will take. A little watered down chick starter if you can get her drinking.

Temp is tricky because you can bake her as easily as chill her. I don't think I would separate if no one is bothering her, as they do like company, though usually you have to because of getting picked on. If you do have to keep her in the shoe box, put a small stuffed animal, feather duster, or just an old sock or something in there with her.

Just keep trying, and good luck.

Oh, if you can identify another chick who is particularly quiet or calm, you might put it in with her.

I was given this advice from Glenda L Heywood:

moisture is her only hope
try and give her some water with apple cider vineager
I would make a pint of water and use it with 1 tsp of ACV nd you can add the sugar also to it
but the ACV will help hydrate her tisues

She surely will live if you help her

I would give her the
ACV water mixed in
1 tbsp od dry crumbleswith 2 tbsp of the ACV water
and warm it 15 seconds in the microwave.
then put in small sauce so she can get it from the edge of the saucer
take and leave it 1 hr
then dump it and make her new mixture warmed
she surely will eat the warm wet mash better than the dry crumbles
along with the ACV to drink

I am getting ready to try this I will let you know if it works!

I put mine in a separate box next to the others so she could still hear them and get some comfort from that

ha...any of my chicks quiet and clam...haha.
i do have 2 australorps who are 'calm' but they still scurry about!

will get one of my kids animals...
thanks.

ps...they were pecking at her butt, beak, head, running over her, etc.

she does take fluids great!!!

Awwww....so sad to hear...but at least no one can say YOU didn't try. I think we all learned some things through your thread, so maybe it did do some good to discuss your chick. I'm so sorry!
hit.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom