Help, What is going on.

silkiebeginer

Songster
12 Years
Jul 31, 2007
Ok I put eggs in on the 6th so I figured the hatch to be around the 27th. But I can see a few of the eggs moving a little. And can almost swear that I have heard a peep or something come from the bator. I have it setting near a window and am hopeing it was comming from outside. The temp did have a spike once on day 3 or 4 and my last hatch was about 2 days early. But 6 days early seems to me to be way toooo early. I hear no noise or pecking when I hold them to my ear. I see no peck or pip marks on any eggs. But if they were to try to hatch now I am sure none would live. I know for a fact other than that one time my temps have stayed between 99.5 and 100.5 and humidity around 55-57%. So I don't think my temps is what would cause a 6 day early hatch. These eggs did come from my sons hen but we didn't see her set on them any. So am hopeing for the best. My son bought a baby chic yesterday from a hardware store and it only lived till today. i told him it was hard to get a chick to do good from a place like that. It was a beautiful buff cochin. So he was crying. Thats why I hope I get some healthy chicks from this hatch. These are eggs from a turken rooster and mixed yard hen. But he loves his rubbernecks. He has one that rides on his fourwheeler with him. So hope for the best and if anyone has had eggs move this early and still had a full term good hatch please let me know.
TIA, Jennifer

The eggs will peep and rock. It means healthy chicks are in there. remember on day 18 to stop turning and up the humidity to 70%. Keep the bator closed and sit on your hands. You'll be tempted to open the bator too soon. Don't do it.

Good luck! Keep us updated on your hatch!

I figured out that there was something outside that sounded like a peep,lol. So l do have movement in at least 2 eggs maybe 3 and there are 8 in the bator. I would love all to hatch but as long as my son gets a few he will be satisfied. Thanks again. Jennifer

Back
Top Bottom