Help what is she?

jesskuh13

Chirping
Apr 24, 2018
So I bought a mixed bag from TSC when they were 50 cents, but I am stumped, I have 3 altogether of them ...they are laying the reddish eggs on the right, and the reddish purple egg in the center on the bottom....I'm stumped on these lol
IMG_8792.JPG
IMG_8796.JPG
IMG_8812.JPG
IMG_8791.JPG
IMG_8820.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8315.JPG
    IMG_8315.JPG
    843 KB · Views: 6
Given the eggs are so dark, and legs pink, almost sounds more Marans-esque. However, their coloration isn't even right for Golden Cuckoo Marans (most similar variety)....:confused:

~Alex
Yeah I an totally stumped, I don't really know how those places work so I am not sure how they would get mixed, but i'm sure it happens. I just couldn't resist the sale lol...I got some really pretty birds and then some random birds, like I bought blue jersey giants and ended up with blue andalusians. I bought a "black asian" whatever that is, turned out to be a black copper maran, and I got some gorgeous welsummers that were in the random mixed bin too, not sure what happened. lol I like to hatch my own chicks from reputable places so I don't have to deal with trying to hunt the breed down, although it's been fun lol

Yeah I an totally stumped, I don't really know how those places work so I am not sure how they would get mixed, but i'm sure it happens. I just couldn't resist the sale lol...I got some really pretty birds and then some random birds, like I bought blue jersey giants and ended up with blue andalusians. I bought a "black asian" whatever that is, turned out to be a black copper maran, and I got some gorgeous welsummers that were in the random mixed bin too, not sure what happened. lol I like to hatch my own chicks from reputable places so I don't have to deal with trying to hunt the breed down, although it's been fun lol
Since hatcheries likely keep each breed separately, mixes (unless intentional, like Olive Eggers) aren't the norm. :)

Are you positive these eggs were laid by the mystery birds? Caught them in the act? They could be from your BCM, or even Welsummers. :)

I'm seeing single combs, actually. :confused:

~Alex

Back
Top Bottom