Help What is this? On chickens rear. It showed up two days after a fox attack.

She wasn’t able to poop. and boy is she trying. And I must’ve very carefully and meticulously scraped so much poop out there. I was amazed. She was looking exhausted and starting to make some noise so I gave her a small break and a start back at it. But yeah maybe soaking would help. Thank you. Sometimes when we are frantic we forget common sense things

If she had pooped I would put it back in. I’ve been keeping it moist but I don’t want to put it back inside of her father still poop backed up. I feel as though that will make it way worse..
Is there still poop in there?
You may have some success if you apply some mineral oil or coconut oil to help soften it.
This is going to sound terrible, I can't find the thread now it was a few years back, a girl used a popsicle stick along with mineral oil and kept working to get the material loosened up and out. Once it was out then if I remember the tissue was able to go back in and stay in within a couple of days.

Of course if you can get her "cleared" then I would give her a little coconut or mineral oil orally as well to help with any constipation.

I do agree with giving calcium, it can help with retention, but it looks like it's going to have to be cleared before it will go completely back in.

Unfortunately vet care in this area for anything other than dogs and cats is dwindling fast. I tried to clear her out last night but I kept clearing and clearing in at some point I felt like I might be pushing stuff in there more than anything. She was getting super stressed I cleared enough area to where she was able to push Moore out but now that stuck And it’s huge!

It’s odd it wasn’t hard but it was so packed in there. I’m getting off earlier today to go help my daughter try more but I know it’s hard on her own. I’ll try to give her another soaking to and see if maybe that’ll help work it out on its ownOvertime but not sure if that’s true. The prolapse I don’t with last time was nothing like this. Of course it was a much much smaller chicken. Last time I was dealing with a leg horn this time dealing with a jersey giant. Two different ends of the spectrum

I can’t even get all of the poop out to try to put it back in. That’s the hard part I’m having and I have a feeling that’s why it seems so gigantic. I’m going to get her in a warm bath again as soon as I get home about three or 330.

She still the same. I scrape poop out and poop out until I hit the end and she still struggling to poop. So I’m frayed to push the vent back in if she’s struggling to poop. But I might have to chance it because I’m at a loss at this point. And I can tell she’s feeling worse and worse

She still the same. I scrape poop out and poop out until I hit the end and she still struggling to poop. So I’m frayed to push the vent back in if she’s struggling to poop. But I might have to chance it because I’m at a loss at this point. And I can tell she’s feeling worse and worse
Have you tried withholding food for a day to see if that will help reduce the amount of waste she's producing?
Do provide water though.

My goodness everyone I’m so sorry I kinda disappeared. I’ve had some health issues and then surgery. Everything is ok and once i finally fully heal I’ll be better than I’ve been in years. So yay

And even better… Marge made a miracle full recovery. I fell very ill and no one to handle her prolapse I was in ER crying worried about her. Got home and prolapse corrected itself! Unbelievable. Stayed in with no issue ever since and back healed with no issue. :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom