Help What is this? On chickens rear. It showed up two days after a fox attack.

Birdsong 82

Free Ranging
6 Years
Aug 17, 2017
Virginia
My jersey giant was attacked about two days ago. She has a very large open wound on her back that I’m trying to work with but seems to be eating and drinking. Today my daughter text me this picture. Wasn’t like that when I left this morning. Any idea about this?

4C35A57C-346F-4BE4-9F9B-9FE0900740E6.jpeg

I’ve dealt with a prolapsed vent in the past but this doesn’t look like what I dealt with. This poor girl. She’s a sweetest chicken. And she has a huge open wound in her back but I’m hoping will begin to heal. And now this pops up.

My jersey giant was attacked about two days ago. She has a very large open wound on her back that I’m trying to work with but seems to be eating and drinking. Today my daughter text me this picture. Wasn’t like that when I left this morning. Any idea about this?

I’ve dealt with a prolapsed vent in the past but this doesn’t look like what I dealt with. This poor girl. She’s a sweetest chicken. And she has a huge open wound in her back but I’m hoping will begin to heal. And now this pops up.
It's a prolapse with poop stuck in it.
You may need to help dig out the poop, see if that helps, then proceed how you did when you dealt with prolapse in the past.

https://www.dvm360.com/view/avian-cloacal-prolapses-proceedings

With this humongous wound in her back is she gonna be able to get through this OK? I can tell she’s not feeling well but for that gaping hole in her back I’m surprised how well she was doing. I’m at work my daughter just called me and told me that she laid an egg with no shell. I’m trying to get her to send me a picture.
The last prolapse I dealt with didn’t look so terrible and red

Back
Top Bottom