Help what is this?

bluerooster934

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2017

So my daughter discovered this on out booted bantum roo, we have no clue what it is; or what we can do to make it go away. He is not in any pain, he is a happy pretty boy who spends his days crowing and cooing when he is happy. Please help TYIA

So my daughter discovered this on out booted bantum roo, we have no clue what it is; or what we can do to make it go away. He is not in any pain, he is a happy pretty boy who spends his days crowing and cooing when he is happy. Please help TYIA

To me it looks like peck marks from another chicken. You can post in the link below for other opinions: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

He has never been around other chickens, he is lone wolfing it ATM. So it can't be that, thank you for the link I'll check it out

It
​Looks to me like a minor injury, If it is cold where you live could be cold burn.  It could also be a scratch with something sharp or even a sign of squabble/fight.

We have had normal weather not really hot, not really cold. We did have a massive storm system come in and my daughter noticed yesterday after the storm. She thought it was just dirt, but when I looked at it today it's definitely scabs. The are hard and clustered and attached to the comb. He hasn't been in a fight because h is alone

Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. I hope that the ER peeps can advise further. It doesn't look like too much to worry about.

Best wishes
CT

Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. I hope that the ER peeps can advise  further. It doesn't look like too much to worry about. 

Best wishes
CT

Thank you very much, after a few conversations I'm not as worried about it. We'll see how he is doing in a couple of days.
Again thank you
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom