HELP!!!!! What kind of chicken is this. NEED TO KNOW IMMEDIATELY.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Betania, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Betania

Betania Out Of The Brooder

I have 4 bantams that I need to know what breed it is before fair which is 9-10-13. The top 3 are roosters and the bottom one is a hen.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Chicks Galore3

Chicks Galore3 Artistic Bird Nut Premium Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Iowa
    I don't know about the 1st or 3rd, but the 2nd looks like Golden Sebright and the 4th looks like a speckled sussex.

3. shmccarthy

shmccarthy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    Michigan
    1 looks like a Belgian booted variety, possible a porcelain d'uccle, I would need to see a better picture though, preferably from the front
    2 is a golden Sebright
    3 is a silver duckwing oegb
    4 looks to be a Mille fleur d'uccle but I would like to see a picture of her from the front as well to be certain

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    1-porcelian or self blue (cant tell) booted d'uccle
    2-golden sebright
    3- silver duckwing old english game bantam
    4-and i also think it looks like a mille fleur d'uccle but need a better pic

5. SilkiesForEver

SilkiesForEver Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    #1 Is a Porcelain d'Uccle cockerel.
    #2 Is a very poor quality golden Sebright.
    #3 Is a Silver Duckwing OEGB.
    #4 Is a Mille Fleur d'Uccle pullet.

I would like to know though. If you didn't know the breeds of these birds, why are you showing them? [​IMG]

6. hope4rainbow

hope4rainbow Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    #1 is definitely a porcelain. You can see the peachy color as well which isn't on a blue.

The rest, I haven't looked up as adults much, more trying to sex my peeps of a couple of those breeds, lol.

I'm curious how/why you'd show if you don't know the breeds a week beforehand, too. Not being nasty about it, I'm just not sure how that can even be possible?

7. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    #1: Porcelain Belgian Bearded D'Uccle
    #2: Golden Sebright.
    #3: Silver Duckwing Old English Game Bantam
    #4: Mille Fleur Belgian Bearded D'Uccle

Just a note: Your Sebright is not show-quality; it will get disqualified when shown. Sebrights should be hen-feathered. This means that the males shouldn't have pointed sickle, hackle, and back feathers like other roosters. Instead, they will have the rounded feathers of a hen. When showing chickens, male feathering in a hen-feathered breed is a disqualification

Your other chickens, from what I can tell, have no disqualifications. But they too are not that great of show-birds.

Still, good luck at your show!

8. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    #1 is a Porcelain Belgian Bearded D'Uccle
    #2 is a pet quality Golden Sebright. He will likely get disqualified at a show, as he has sickle feathers in his tail. Sebrights are supposed to be hen feathered (that means no hackles or sickle feathers in the male).
    #3 is a Silver Duckwing Old English Game Bantam. How old is he? As a heads-up, if he's over a year of age (so, a cock), he'd get disqualified at a real show. Cock OEGB are supposed to be dubbed. This means that their comb, wattles, and earlobes are cut off.
    #4 is a Millie Fleur Belgian Bearded D'Uccle

Have fun at the show!

9. Betania

Betania Out Of The Brooder

Here are more pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As for how I will show them our fair doesn't require us to know the breed of the chicken but you get extra points if you do.
    As for why I am showing them without knowing what breed they are is because last year I was showing regular size chickens and I was having problems showing them. so this year I wanted to show bantams and TSC had mixed bantams for a good price so I got 6 of them.

10. CowGrrrl

CowGrrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2013
    1. Porcelain Belgian Bearded d'Uccle bantam
    2. Golden Sebright bantam
    3. Silver Duckwing Old English Game bantam
    4. Mille Fluer Belgian Bearded d'Uccle bantam

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by