Help! What kind of ducks are these!?

kenny luedtke

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 19, 2013

Just wondering what kind of ducks these are and wondering how you tell male and female thanks

Do you know how i would sex them since they all look alike? And do you know what they would be mixed with? Im getting some of these tomorrow just to have around here and they told me they were muscovies and they dont look like full miscovies so i was just trying to get some info on them

I am VERY new to ducks (have my first babies in the garage now, I'm a chicken keeper) but you can tell by their quack. The females actually quack while the males are raspy and squeaky. Google majestic waterfowl male female duck quacks. There is a great comparison thing that has clips of males and females. Other than that, I have no idea.

Those are muscovies the one looking at the door seen to be a boy since there is more red on the face , and there is another in the middle that looks like could be a boy as well, the one with the head up.
I grew up with muscovies and is really easy to sex them by face , boys will have more red flesh (caruncling) tan the girls, well that is for the more wild ones and the ones in South America where I grew up, here seems that the caruncla is less prominent in some.The other way to tell is by size by 4 weeks you can see the size difference boys are bigger. The boys will hiss while the girls will make little chirp sounds.
If they are mix they will not be able to reproduce, but you can still using the girls for hatching the real thing later on.They are the best moms ever.

They said they were hatched last summer. But either way there just for pets and i just wanted to get some info on them. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom