Help! When to help?

If it's dried off and alert, you can take it out. It probably won't be too interested in food or water for another day or two though, they carry a rather large yolk in their bellies so there's no hurry. You can introduce them to food and water by poking it with your finger, they'll mimic what you're doing and try it themselves.

I took Gerry out of the incubator about 10 minutes after he hatched, he was already dried off by then and checking everything out. He spent the first few days in a little dog bed covered with a towel to give him a soft place to lay while he figured out how to get his legs to work.

Have Stripes (my 5 year old daughter named it) ha ha ha. In his own cage with a towel and heat lamp. Is doing great! The other egg is much more vocal now too maybe tomorrow it will be hatched when i wake up. I took the real stinky egg out and broke it open. It had an emu in it fully formed had feathers just the legs and beak were pink instead of the gray/black. I wonder what happened? There are 2 more that i can't hear anything and then 2 more that I set a week later. Pretty sure 1 is good and not sure about the other.

Back
Top Bottom