HELP! WHY DOES MY DUCK GO 'STIFF'????

oh......it's ok to give her human vitamins??????
She's maybe not having quite so many seizures, but still having them & don't seem to be lasting as long (10-40seconds), so hopefully this continues to improve & perhaps it was the poisoning rather than epilepsy?
Can you get activated charcoal over there? it's in the anti acid isle at most stores here. it for indigestion and also is good for food poisoning, I have used it with my flock and also with myself. you can open a capsule and put in her water, it will bind to the poison and remove it from her body. and yes B complex can be given to animals. it's usually in capsule and you can open it and mix in their water or food. Maybe able to find the B complex in liquid too. Here is the link on flushes if i haven't given it to you before.https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/700526/flushes-for-aiding-in-toxin-removal#post_9508213 follow direction to the T. when using flushes.

Last edited:
If you have a wood stove and only only only burn clean hardwood (not construction leftovers and treated or painted wood), you could find some charcoal chunks and grind them up real fine. I use that.

Thanks both about the info on charcoal, will have a look next time getting groceries. I bought a vitamin complex powder at pet store so has only just been a couple of days with that. Still having seizures...just a random thought here....could it be a possibility of her being submissive when near me?? Have noticed a few times when I come home from work and go to let her out that she goes stiff when she sees me..nothing bad has happened to her since we've had her, well not that I'm aware of & certainly not from me!

Will do my best to get a video of it happening for sure. I just asked my son whether it's happened when he's around her & he can't say he's noticed to be honest...my husband away at moment for another week but will check when he gets back to see if happened with him? Here is a photo of her to start with

She's beautiful! Hope it's just the pre-copulatory position after all. That would be great! My youngest female does it for me sometimes when I put her in her tub to swim.

OMG daffy also does it in the bath too & gets quite 'nippy' with me like nibbling at my hands/arms like she's on a mission! So is this meaning she's feeling 'amorous'??!! & may not be seizures at all??

Yes, it's sounding more and more like normal breeding behavior after all. What a relief, eh? :D If you could get a video of the behavior we could confirm for sure, but I know that might be difficult to have the camera ready when she decides to do it.

Sorry I didn't think of this earlier! You've been through so much trying to figure out what was wrong with her. >.<

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom