HELP! WHY DOES MY DUCK GO 'STIFF'????

Yes, it's sounding more and more like normal breeding behavior after all. What a relief, eh? :D If you could get a video of the behavior we could confirm for sure, but I know that might be difficult to have the camera ready when she decides to do it.

Sorry I didn't think of this earlier! You've been through so much trying to figure out what was wrong with her. >.<
Wouldn't that be a relief.

Yes, I'm certainly breathing easier now after having read all this new info! Fingers crossed that is what it is! I've just really been watching her to see if there was some kind of pattern to it all as I was so worried about her, so hopefully we're on the right track now. THANK YOU!!
I will definitely try to get the video still to show you exactly what is happening, might take me a few days though as it's now pouring rain here & is expected for a few days, so won't be so easy to get a video out in that weather, will do my best.
I'm so glad I found this website, you've all been such a wonderful help!!!
big_smile.png
clap.gif
thumbsup.gif

Yes, I'm certainly breathing easier now after having read all this new info! Fingers crossed that is what it is! I've just really been watching her to see if there was some kind of pattern to it all as I was so worried about her, so hopefully we're on the right track now. THANK YOU!!
I will definitely try to get the video still to show you exactly what is happening, might take me a few days though as it's now pouring rain here & is expected for a few days, so won't be so easy to get a video out in that weather, will do my best.
I'm so glad I found this website, you've all been such a wonderful help!!!
big_smile.png
clap.gif
thumbsup.gif
That will be a big blessing if this is what your seeing, look forward to the video and yay for rain I understand ya'll need it.
smile.png

still no luck getting a video yet & the couple of times I've had it going she DOESN'T do it of course!! If I have her inside with me, she gets quite vocal & won't settle so I put her back outside in her pen & she settles down. We have sugar cane mulch on the ground in her pen & have noticed 'holes' all through it...she gets her beak & buries it in & shakes it all around & squeaks non stop while doing it & keeps moving around the mulch doing it...is this typical behaviour of a broody duck??

Back
Top Bottom