Help with a lion?

SarahFair

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Monroe, Ga
Yesterday while at my Sons T-Ball game the team mom asked if I could draw her a "caged lion" for her sons homecoming banner (its a 5th grader but every grade has to make one)
She liked the tiger I drew on my sons bucket but I told her it was a decal I just looked at off the computer, not to mention that was just a tiny picture..
bucket.jpg

I am afraid shes going to be disappointed its not as "detailed" or the claws arent the same. I guess I can make them the same but she wants them grabbing the bars of the cage (that is why these paws kinda look awkward).
She also said shes going to outline it in sharpie and maybe paint it.

This one is pretty big, the biggest Ive ever done.
I sketched it out and it just doesnt look right.
The right eye needs work, I really dislike the paws....
barnie.gif

Can you help me decide what to change?
lion.jpg

Nice work.
What about moving the left paw further out so that it is not under the chin...would make the lion look bigger.
Then tip the right paw up more vertical. Then you could include the claws extended around vertical bars.

The lines on the right eye are okay. If she is going to outline it and then paint, a lot of detail will be lost...so you are looking for a drawing with outline.

I think it looks really good
smile.png

I agree with NanaKat's ideas too.
My only suggestion was going to be to add more detail to the mane but if it's just going to be outlined and colored then I wouldn't worry about it.
thumbsup.gif
Good job.

The arms still arent right.. They look too human to me.
hmm.png

I put the bars in via the computer just to get an idea.

any tips?
lion2-1.jpg

Maybe, the right arm on the left side where it touch's the bar could have more fur touching the bar or thicken the arm. As you call it. lol I think it looks great.

Back
Top Bottom