Help with a sick Chic.

Gsolo

Hatching
9 Years
Sep 8, 2010
Morning, I have a 9 week old chic that was doing great until last week. I noticed her just hanging out by herself and not being as active as her siblings. Her head and tail was down and looking sleepy. I separated her into her own box and been trying to nurse her along but she is not getting any better. So far she is eating and drinking if you offer to her but I think she is getting weaker, just stands around and is wobbly . At first I gave her an Electrolyte and Vitamin supplement called Save-A-Chick and now I started her on Duramycin-10 . Does anyone have any more suggestion . Thanks in Advance.

Duramycin is for treatment of some respiratory or intestinal infections. At her age the first thing I would suspect would be coccidiosis and treat her with Corid (amprollium) for 5 days. The symptoms are lethargy, not eating much, puffing up or huddling, diarrhea (sometimes, but not always with blood,) and ruffled feathers which show a fever. Here is a link to read: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/coccidiosis-what-backyard-chicken.html

Back
Top Bottom