Help with a sick chick

sasc

Chirping
Apr 22, 2017
I have a wk old baby hen. She seems to be eating ok. Drinking I'm helping her with a dropper and vitamins. She keeps getting trabmbled on by the other 5 chicks, so i moved her by herself. The other 5 chicks don't have a puffy crop area. ( I believe that's what its called ) the part next to ther breast. Kind of feels like liquid in there. But I'm not sure if this is normal its my 1st time experiencing this. But this lil hen has this area bigger than the other chicks. Is this normal? If not what can I do to help with this swollen area?
She seems like her walk is a little weak to. Thanks in advance.

I have a wk old baby hen. She seems to be eating ok. Drinking I'm helping her with a dropper and vitamins. She keeps getting trabmbled on by the other 5 chicks, so i moved her by herself. The other 5 chicks don't have a puffy crop area. ( I believe that's what its called ) the part next to ther breast. Kind of feels like liquid in there. But I'm not sure if this is normal its my 1st time experiencing this. But this lil hen has this area bigger than the other chicks. Is this normal? If not what can I do to help with this swollen area?
She seems like her walk is a little weak to. Thanks in advance.

I don't know anything about this but I'll try and tag some plp that may be able to help:D Fingers crossed your chick baby will be okay :fl:fl
@Eggcessive @staceyj @A_Fowl_Guy[/USER
@casportpony
@Wyorp Rock

Last edited:
Can you get some poultry NutriDrench or Poultry Cell vitamins and electrolytes, and give her a couple of drops? Then get her drinking some water. Massage her crop a little. She might be a weak chick or she might have been eating some coop bedding. Mix a watery mash of chick feed plus a lot of water in a small cup or bowl and try feeding her.

Can you get some poultry NutriDrench or Poultry Cell vitamins and electrolytes, and give her a couple of drops? Then get her drinking some water. Massage her crop a little. She might be a weak chick or she might have been eating some coop bedding. Mix a watery mash of chick feed plus a lot of water in a small cup or bowl and try feeding her.

A few of those things I haven't tried yet. I'll give her the booster and massage. She has electrolytes etc. Thx I'll try it

Back
Top Bottom