help with a staggered hatch.

Oct 12, 2021
Hi. I am about to go to through the hatching process for the first time. One of our hens has gone broody and is currently sitting on a clutch of probably 20 eggs. These eggs have come from her and two other hens we have. as they lay in the same house and she moves them into her clutch. This Wednesday (July 6th) is the tentative hatch day for most of these eggs, and in preparation for a staggered hatch, I recently bought the Kebonnix 12 egg incubator from Amazon. Can anyone give advice if this is possible for the mother to hatch out most of the eggs on Wednesday/Thursday and then we finish the rest in the incubator during the coming days?

My hatch just now was not too stretched out, I had a few on day 19, a few on day 20, and one on day 21.
11 eggs hatched out of 14 fertile eggs. (Their eggs were shipped.)
ff11l.PNG

My hatch just now was not too stretched out, I had a few on day 19, a few on day 20, and one on day 21.
11 eggs hatched out of 14 fertile eggs. (Their eggs were shipped.)
View attachment 3345338
Thanks. I asked because I also have some staggered 3 days apart. Today is day 19 for the first batch, and I'm still turning the 2nd batch (super quickly, 3 times a day, which is less often than normal). I'm worried turning the 2nd will affect the 1st, and wonder if too high humidity now (65-70%) will affect the 2nd batch. I have the little giant incubator.

Thanks. I asked because I also have some staggered 3 days apart. Today is day 19 for the first batch, and I'm still turning the 2nd batch (super quickly, 3 times a day, which is less often than normal). I'm worried turning the 2nd will affect the 1st, and wonder if too high humidity now (65-70%) will affect the 2nd batch. I have the little giant incubator.
If they're three days apart that means your younger eggs are on day 16, you can absolutely stop turning them now. They really only *must* be turned for 12 days. The humidity shouldn't bother the younger ones much at this stage, but even if it would, there's really nothing else you could do if you only have the one incubator.

Back
Top Bottom