Help with Accurites please ?

JimnJanet

Songster
11 Years
Jan 29, 2008
S.W Pa.
I am currently trying to get my bator to stabilize with temp and humidity but i don't know if i'm gettin accurate readings.I started with the Acurite wired thermometer and once i realized i found out here that it had to be inside the bator to read the humidity i went and bot the 2nd Acurite. But, even with both units in the bator i'm gittin a diference in humidities as much as 10% !!!!! The wireless unit allways reads 10% lower than the wired one.
The temps on each unit are within .5 a degree so no worries there.
I have no clue witch one to believe and my pheasant eggs are sittin here screeeeeamin to git in there and hatch !!!!!
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP ??

Picture027Small-1.jpg

Hi,
I am not sure this will help any but I think if you put 10 int here you may get 10 different readings, LOL!
I have been driving myself crazy with the same type of thing second guessing them all the time.
Finally had to just put one in each of our 1588's and let it go. Candled and watched for growth and movement.
Otherwise I'd be in straight-jacket by now.....(got it laying out but haven't put it on yet!)
lau.gif

hope someone else has better suggestions for you!
Best of luck!
Angela

I have the one on the left in my sportsman and it reads the same as the read out on the digital panel. I use to use the one on the right in my other bators with the wiggler and it read correct at first. But later on it started acting up so I stopped using it. It's hard because they can all read something different but other times read the same.

Last edited:
Quote:
Er ....

My $6 Springfield is pretty close to my $120 Amprobe ....

It's often the luck of the draw with cheap stuff. At least the Amprobe is good enough to calibrate the others.

Back
Top Bottom