Help with an injured wild bird?!

LittleRedCoop

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 13, 2011
There's a young(?) wild bird outside our back door huddled under a gap beneath the siding next to the foundation. It's snowing out right now. The bird seems incapable of flight and hops around. It's been there for over an hour. Should I attempt a rescue? What should I do? I am having trouble with my conscience and feel horrible about letting nature take its course. Has anyone attempted a wild bird rescue before? What did you do? The bird is very small, the size and stature of a chickadee but it doesn't have a black head and it has black-tipped wings. Please help!

I'd suggest if you want to stage a rescue, to get on the horn with a wildlife rehabber. The only species you can legally keep/help are invasive ones, like starlings and house sparrows. Plus, a wildlife rehabber knows exactly what they're doing.

X2 but until you find a rehablitator get a box and put it in there with a towel or blanket. And than put the box in a dark room where it is quiet. But please find someone to help you. If you need help finding someone you can pm me. I am on a wildlife site that knows where to find them. Good luck.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom