Help!!? With another sand question.

Feathergirl05

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 11, 2014
Can I use sand on concrete floors or just dirt? My husband is afraid they will stay to wet and won't drain if anything gets spilled in there.

I don't have concrete floors, but use sand in run, coop - has wooden floor and in nests.
If sand gets wet from water fount spills, rain, or poops, I mix PDZ into the sand - it absorbs water and prevents smells from poops.

If you mean large water spills, don't see why sand or dirt would be any different?

I have sand mixed with pdz and when it thunder stormed here today some blew in the coop and it started drying immediately.

I'm new to all this also and I'm remodeling an old tin shed for my coop. I like the idea of using sand but I was worried about getting mites or fleas in the sand. Is his a problem? I love this forum; Ive learned a bunch already! Thanks

I never thought of it for a coop until I had a customer buy 10 bags of it for his chicken coop. After that I started researching and was highly impressed. When I built my coop I mixed PDZ with the sand as I poured it in.

Back
Top Bottom