Help with baby

Madfurball

Hatching
Jun 29, 2022
I have a Polish baby that is 3 weeks old, and it has bowed legs. I have put a hobble on it, because it was displaying signs of splay leg. It has begun curling its toes inward, in order to help itself stand. We tried to put splints on its toes, but it was no longer able to stand. I'm not sure what to do with this one. I have given it every vitamin supplement available, and treated it for everything we thought that could be wrong with it. Can anyone help this baby? Does anyone take in little ones with these issues? I know what everyone is going to say, and I don't want to cull, if I can find someone that loves disabled birds. I have found homes for disables animals in the past, and I will always try this route, before I even think of that as a solution. Willing to travel and meet, if anyone wants to help this baby.

I have a Polish baby that is 3 weeks old, and it has bowed legs. I have put a hobble on it, because it was displaying signs of splay leg. It has begun curling its toes inward, in order to help itself stand. We tried to put splints on its toes, but it was no longer able to stand. I'm not sure what to do with this one. I have given it every vitamin supplement available, and treated it for everything we thought that could be wrong with it. Can anyone help this baby? Does anyone take in little ones with these issues? I know what everyone is going to say, and I don't want to cull, if I can find someone that loves disabled birds. I have found homes for disables animals in the past, and I will always try this route, before I even think of that as a solution. Willing to travel and meet, if anyone wants to help this baby.
Welcome to BYC! I'm sorry about your chick. Do you have any pics of it so we can see how bad it is?
I'd also maybe request this thread to be moved to the emergencies/injuries/diseases section. You'll probably get better replies there, since this section is for questions about incubating/hatching eggs. :)

Back
Top Bottom