HELP WITH BREED AND GENDER

mrsfluff100

Songster
5 Years
Apr 14, 2014
HI id like to have help with some gender and breed ID's. my chicks are about three weeks old and 1 1/2 weeks old. it might be too early for gender but help me what i can look for as the grow. oh and all are bantams

Chick 1
this chick i think is a female old english game

Chick 2 i think this is a male brahma. any color ideas?

chick 3 millie fluer d'uccle? female??

chick 4 also think this is a millie fluer d'uccle. also female??

chick 5 silkie female??

chick 6 silkie. female? and what color?

chick 7 silkie. what color? i think female.

chick 8 silkie. what color and i think female??

please let me know everything you think and also i dont mind total guesses on gender and stuff so just let me know thanks!!

Silkies are notoriously hard to sex, especially if they are bearded. You probably won't know the gender until they crow/lay eggs, unfortunately.

With the other birds, you can't tell the genders yet, but when they start getting their feathers in, you should begin to see some differences in the feathers between males and females. Females will have rounded feathers, while males will have sharper feathers along their tail, back, and neck.
You can also sex them by their combs/wattles, and their spurs, once they start to grow, but I've found that feathers tend to be the most reliable way to sex birds...

Unfortunately, I can't really help you with the breeds, but any silkies you have will have five toes and black skin...

All are way too young to tell. Try posting photos when they are 6 weeks old. For the silkies I would wait until they are at least 8 weeks old, possibly 3 months. Even by then a lot of the time you can't tell with silkies.

Ok! thanks everyone! I'll continue looking a then and then after a while I'll post some picture! thanks again!!

Back
Top Bottom