Help with breed and sex

if this is just over 6 weeks like the rest then its a cockerel feather color has me thinking bls possable marans but i doubt its a marans

I have two black sex-linked and their legs are mostly dark, but they have some random yellow toes...
One of them had a predominant comb at birth! (people thought it was a cockerel).
But I think they are both pullets.
So there is definately variation.
I would assume the same for leg color on a mixed breed. It will vary.
I think mine are a mix of bared rock and a rhode island red.

Maybe the place you got them from meant they would be a combination of any of those breeds?
If it is one of these then it would be a pullet!

One of mine at 7 weeks in this photo.

I don't know when you got your chick, but here are two different black sex-link pullets at 1 week old.
One had a comb, and more white on the chest. And see the toes? Probably doens't always do that though....

Last edited:
What breed is this

Need help identifying chicks. Was said to be americauna's with the father being (white with black tail feathers - Im thinking Sussex) No clue on age - said to be 6 weeks, but very doubtful. They are pretty large for that age. Male or female on all please. Plus what do you think they are? I think she lied when we got them - I'm thinking light brahma's.

Need help identifying chicks. Was said to be americauna's with the father being (white with black tail feathers - Im thinking Sussex) No clue on age - said to be 6 weeks, but very doubtful. They are pretty large for that age. Male or female on all please. Plus what do you think they are? I think she lied when we got them - I'm thinking light brahma's.

All roosters. Not light brahma , they are smooth legged

Back
Top Bottom