Help with Breed & Gender!

Light Brahma and I am thinking boyh cockerels due to the amount of pink in those combs and wattles. Let's see what others think.

Wild hen running around our neighborhood with her sibling rooster. What is she? My husband wants one like her

welcome-byc.gif
Scott

Your birds are light Brahma cockerels.

Wild hen running around our neighborhood with her sibling rooster. What is she? My husband wants one like her

This hen could be several breeds. The coloring is Colombian, if that's what is catching your husband's eye. You can get that same coloring in light Sussex, light Brahmas (they come with feathered feet), Colombian Rocks or Wyandottes. Delawares are also similar colored, but they carry a barring gene on top of the Colombian, so the black is "barred" with stripes of white, not solid black.

There are other breeds or mixes that could yield the same color, but those are your more common pure breds.

Well, those breeds can give you all a start on where to look. Any time the husband wants to get chickens, I'm totally on board with whatever he wants :)

Me too! Lol. He protests every time I start talking pets but he never protest the chickens lol

Thanks everyone. Guess I'll buy another coop and more hens. My Daughter will not let me rehome either one of these guys.

Back
Top Bottom