Help with breed identification please!

bjo_6

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 25, 2011
Not sure if my picture uploaded or not. The chicks are 6 weeks old assorted bantams from tractor supply. No one there had any ideas. They are predominantly black with gold wings. Not feather legged. There's some gold flecks near neck and gold around eyes. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

I am sorry I am unable to post a picture. I tried at first from my phone and it wouldn't upload then I went to my computer and even read the help page but there is no tab or anything to click to add pictures like it shows on the help page! I guess if anyone has any advice regarding putting pictures on here that would be greatly appreciated too! Thanks!

No. I have 15 of them and they were straight run... a few I'm sure are cockerels but they all look similar. If you took the chicken in your picture and gave it gold/brown wings and tail feathers and around the eyes and under their beaks. They do have some of the goldish speckles on their chest and back. Gray feet and yellow tip of beak that gets black where their nose is. I have one gold laced cochin that came with them but she is more gold with black and has feathered legs.

They look the most like the middle picture but have gray legs and feet. The tops of their heads are mainly black though, also the body doesn't have quite as much gold on it but the thickness of the gold markings is more consistent than the bottom picture. I'm going to try again tomorrow on the computer to get a picture! But thank you so much for you help! I really appreciate it!

Your welcome! Does she have puffy cheeks? She could be an Easter egger. If you are new to backyard chickens, it won't let you post a pic at first. I think it should if you write a few more posts. I was happy to help you!

Back
Top Bottom