Help with breeds please

1st 2 blacks are females
1st 2 golds are males
#5 gold ... 1 pic looks female other pics look male ... 🙄 😆
#6 brown I think a male
#7 gold is female
#8 black is male

That young ... an obvious red comb is most likely a male... Hope that helps

Here is the run. I probably need to expand it but you can kind of gauge the dimensions based on the coop size that I gave you

Attachments

• 9C0B612E-E0E3-49FC-B049-5809D4FDF42F.jpeg
    9C0B612E-E0E3-49FC-B049-5809D4FDF42F.jpeg
    984.1 KB · Views: 4
I know they have an ameraucana rooster as well as buff Orpington.
The only ones I know that they have for sure are the buffs and ameraucanas. They definitely have other breeds.

If there are only two roosters, and if some hens are Buff Orpingtons, then you might have some pure Buff Orpingtons: chick 4 in post 15, chick 5 in post 25, chick 7 in post 27. (Some mixes could also have that appearance, but pure Buff Orpington is at least possible.)

The brown one in post 13 (chick 2) may have a parent (probably mother) with a rose comb (so maybe Wyandotte or Hamburg.)

I'm not sure about the black ones in post 12 and 14. (Chicks 1 and 3). For chick 1 I can't see the comb clearly enough to be sure, and chick 2 has one of those hard-to-tell shapes of baby comb. If either has a single comb (like the Buff Orpingtons do), then it probably has the Buff Orpington father and a black mother (maybe Australorp, maybe some other black.) But if either has a pea comb, then at least one parent must also have a pea comb-- so either Ameraucana father, or a mother of some breed with a pea comb. Probably at least one black parent, no matter what color the other parent was.

Chick 6 (post 26) has a pea comb, so at least one parent must have a pea comb. I'm guessing the pea comb came from the Ameraucana rooster, and the chick probably has the gene for blue eggs (but since he won't be laying any eggs, that won't matter unless you intend to breed from him.) I'm not sure what his mother would be like, and there's a chance that he could have an Ameraucana mother and Orpington father.

Chick 8 (post 28) also has a pea comb. Like chick 6, the pea comb probably came from the Ameraucana rooster, but could have come from the chick's mother instead. The black coloring probably came from a black parent (either parent). This chick is also likely to have the gene for blue eggs, but since he's also male, it doesn't matter unless you breed from him.

Edit to add: if they have more than two roosters, then of course the other roosters also have a chance of being the father of some chicks. I was figuring this as if there were only two possible fathers.

If there are only two roosters, and if some hens are Buff Orpingtons, then you might have some pure Buff Orpingtons: chick 4 in post 15, chick 5 in post 25, chick 7 in post 27. (Some mixes could also have that appearance, but pure Buff Orpington is at least possible.)

The brown one in post 13 (chick 2) may have a parent (probably mother) with a rose comb (so maybe Wyandotte or Hamburg.)

I'm not sure about the black ones in post 12 and 14. (Chicks 1 and 3). For chick 1 I can't see the comb clearly enough to be sure, and chick 2 has one of those hard-to-tell shapes of baby comb. If either has a single comb (like the Buff Orpingtons do), then it probably has the Buff Orpington father and a black mother (maybe Australorp, maybe some other black.) But if either has a pea comb, then at least one parent must also have a pea comb-- so either Ameraucana father, or a mother of some breed with a pea comb. Probably at least one black parent, no matter what color the other parent was.

Chick 6 (post 26) has a pea comb, so at least one parent must have a pea comb. I'm guessing the pea comb came from the Ameraucana rooster, and the chick probably has the gene for blue eggs (but since he won't be laying any eggs, that won't matter unless you intend to breed from him.) I'm not sure what his mother would be like, and there's a chance that he could have an Ameraucana mother and Orpington father.

Chick 8 (post 28) also has a pea comb. Like chick 6, the pea comb probably came from the Ameraucana rooster, but could have come from the chick's mother instead. The black coloring probably came from a black parent (either parent). This chick is also likely to have the gene for blue eggs, but since he's also male, it doesn't matter unless you breed from him.

Edit to add: if they have more than two roosters, then of course the other roosters also have a chance of being the father of some chicks. I was figuring this as if there were only two possible fathers.
Wow. Super informative. I hate to give these Roos away. I get attached and so do my kids. I just need more hens, but also need way more space

1st 2 blacks are females
1st 2 golds are males
#6 brown I think a male
#7 gold is female
#8 black is male

That young ... an obvious red comb is most likely a male... Hope that helps
1st 2 blacks are females
1st 2 golds are males
#6 brown I think a male
#7 gold is female