1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help with buying an Incubator!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tonini3059, Dec 6, 2008.

1. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    My husband and I have been wanting to get an incubator. Any suggestions on brands??

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

There's lots of threads on this subject if you do a search for it. I have three genisis 1588s and like them a lot.

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Genesis Hovabator 1588 with an automatic turner. You can get the whole set up shipped to you from GQF for about $180.

4. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    these are my opinions:

a lot depends on how much you are going to hatch, and how much you are willing to spend...

the hovabator and little giants and that type are adequate.. but they are good only for eggs that are due to hatch at the same time..

for rotation settings, they fall short

I am going to build another one for myself because I cannot afford one with all the features I want..

I built one but it turned out to be too small..

I have a jamesway 2940 that I am going to remodel this winter..

It won't be able to do 3000 eggs anymore, when I get done with it,.

but it will/does have automatic humidity which I already built and each shelf will have independent turning and semi-independant heat..

and it will have a heat sink in case of another power outage.. ( I lost over 300 goose and turkey eggs)

..........jiminwisc........

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by