Help with Californians and New Zealands

I'm going to the state fair in August and have high hopes. Most of the shows are in Sedalia, MO. it's not a bad trip and it's looking like my best/only option. Wish me luck everyone lol.

CYG

Quote:
Well, rabbits can't be registered until they are 6 months old & alot of breeders (like me) don't keep meat-type rabbits that long unless they are using them as replacement animals in their herd.

Why do you want registered stock?

Definitely try Josh Humphries - super nice guy, lots of rabbits

Thanks soo much everyone for all the responses, they have really helped! Sorry I havn't responded sooner I only get online about once a day
hmm.png

Quote:
If they are pedigree buns you can get them registered as an ARBA member. If not pedigree, yet purebreds, you can breed 3 generations and then also get them registered. Thought it mention worthy in case you have a hard time finding what you want.

My rabbits are not pedigree but seem to be pure, how would I go about getting them registered? I have 2 generations currently.

Quote:
Well, rabbits can't be registered until they are 6 months old & alot of breeders (like me) don't keep meat-type rabbits that long unless they are using them as replacement animals in their herd.

Why do you want registered stock?

Definitely try Josh Humphries - super nice guy, lots of rabbits

I am wanting registered stock because I have some connections with local FFA chapters and most want pedigree for showing ect...

Not a problem! Bookmark the Cal Specialty Club website, there is good stuff on there and join ARBA asap. They provide great information and will guide you through getting your rabbits pedigreed
smile.png

Quote:
If they are pedigree buns you can get them registered as an ARBA member. If not pedigree, yet purebreds, you can breed 3 generations and then also get them registered. Thought it mention worthy in case you have a hard time finding what you want.

My rabbits are not pedigree but seem to be pure, how would I go about getting them registered? I have 2 generations currently.

Here's the info on getting rabbits registered.
smile.png

From http://www.arba.net/faq.htm#Q5
How do I register my rabbits or cavies?
In order to register your rabbits or cavies, you must be a member of the ARBA. The rabbit or cavy must be at least 6 months of age, and you must have a 3 generation pedigree for the animal being registered. The pedigree must show the name and/or ear number, weight, and variety of the parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents (3 generations) of the animal being registered. (all ancestors in the 3 generations MUST be of the same breed as the animal being registered). A licensed Registrar for the species must examine the animal and fill out an application for registration, which is sent to the ARBA office. The information for the registered animal is then entered into our computer system and we have a record of that animal for all time. A certificate of registration for the animal is then sent to you. Registration fee for a rabbit or cavy is $6.00 per animal.

Back
Top Bottom