help with candling please :)

What we need to do is shrink wrap him. I know this sounds weird, but this is will the only time we want to shrink wrap him, we need him to shrink that vent as fast as we can to avoid infection. So by lowering the humidity this should do the job. So lower that humidity to around 50-55.
Don't you mean umbilicus? The vent is what they poop out of, the umbilicus is where they absorb the yolk.

-Kathy

Thank you so much, angry at myself I messed with him. As long as he's going to be ok now though that's all that matters :) will post pics when he's ready :)
He doesn't need water, as far as the vent this is what happens when they aren't ready to come out, he hasn't finished doing his job. Will he be ok yes as long as you don't mess with him, just let him do this thing, that vent will shrink down and close up, once that happens, you'll see him doing normal duck activities. Once his head is up and he's fluffed up then he's ready for food and water. Right now we have to give him sometime to finish up..

Gosling umbilicus picture:
10638_baby_gosling_1.jpg

A vent is also called cloaca.

-Kathy

@blooreo..where is the duckling at? Still in the incubator right? Try your temp at 98 mine stayed 98-99 but get your humidity down like they said. We need a status update pronto please!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom